Have you ever dropped something in the water? Are you looking for lost “treasure”? The PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course will teach you effective ways to find objects underwater and bring them to the surface. Small, large or just awkward, there is a way to bring them up.
The Fun Part
Find lost items and lift them to the surface. It’s fun to use the lift bag. Not only are these skills fun, but very practical and ultimately useful because eventually, you’ll lose something in the water. As a Search and Recovery Diver, you’ll know how to search for and recover it.
You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Search and Recovery Diver course.
What You Learn
- Search and recovery dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and how to deal with potential problems
- How to locate large and small objects using search patterns
- How to use a lift bag and other recovery methods
- Limited visibility search techniques
To take the PADI Search and Recovery Diver course, you must be:
- A certified PADI (junior) Advanced Open Water Diver
- A PADI (junior) Open Water Diver and a PADI Underwater Navigator (or equivalent certification from another organization)
- At least 12 years old