CPR and First Aid: Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care
First aid and CPR are good skills for anyone involved in adventure sports – just in case. And, you need these skills for the PADI Rescue Diver course.
is a PADI affiliate that specializes in teaching these lifesaving skills – and they’re for anyone, not just divers. Most PADI Instructors are also Emergency First Response Instructors!
The Fun Part
The fun part about Emergency First Response training is learning serious medical emergency response skills in an upbeat, positive environment. You gain the confidence that you are prepared to help in an emergency.
What You Learn in the EFR Primary and Secondary Care Courses
- BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR and rescue breathing at the layperson level
- AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional)
- Preventing and caring for shock
- Spinal injury management
- Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk
- Basic first aid and first aid kit considerations
To enroll in Emergency First Response courses, you must
- Care about other people and want to be able to assist them in a medical emergency